Leak Adjustments


In accordance with the City Code of Ordinances (Section 51.11 subsection F) the customer is responsible for all water flowing through the meter.  Customers may be offered a credit for a portion of the water charges that resulted in a higher billed amount if the following criteria is met.

  • A leak adjustment will only be considered one-time in a twelve month rolling period.  Staff will use the billing date that the leak happened as opposed to the actual date the adjustment was credited to the account in consideration of the twelve month period.
  • Repairs must have been completed and usage shown to be significantly lower or back to normal before an adjustment can be submitted by the customer for consideration.
  • A completed Leak Adjustment Request Form (found here) must be submitted along with supporting documentation that the leak has been repaired.  This additional documentation can be as simple as home improvement or hardware receipts (if you’re a Do-it-yourselfer), a plumber’s receipt or Insurance documents (for more complicated repairs) or before and after photos showing the repairs that were needed.  The more information you can provide when submitting the request simply helps to expedite the process.  

Please complete the form and submit all supporting documentation to the Customer Service Department.  Printed copies of the form and documentation can also be mailed or delivered to the City of Garland (Duckworth) utility building located at 217 N Fifth St. Garland, TX 75040

This form and repair receipts and/or supporting documentation must be received within six months of the repair being done.

For any additional questions, please contact City of Garland Customer Service at (972) 205-2671.