Do it Yourself
Online Resource Tutorials
The Garland Libraries offer video tutorials on how to use many of our online resources. Learn how to use Value Line, Mango Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center, Chilton Auto Repair and many more. Also included are tutorials on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Gmail, Google Photos, and Goodreads.
We have grouped several resource together to make them easier to find:
- Chilton Automotive
- Consumer Reports Online
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- SAMS Photofact
- Small Engine Repair
Chilton Automotive Library
- Repair, maintenance, service information and specification tables provide critical data on thousands of domestic and imported models of cars, trucks, vans and SUVs from 1940 onward.
Consumer Reports Online
- Consumer Reports Online is the premiere resources for patrons seeking reviews, ratings, and information about consumer products.
Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
- Offers "how-to" instructions for virtually every hobby enthusiast with full text for more than 1,500 leading hobby books and craft magazines that cover Arts & Crafts, Collecting, Home & Garden, Indoor Recreation, Kids’ Crafts, Model Building, Needlecrafts & Textiles, and more. Includes a Crafts Spotlight and Featured Video.
Home Improvement Reference Center
- Provides users with user-friendly “how-to” information covering a range of home improvement and repair projects and features full-text content from leading magazines, images not found anywhere else online, and videos of popular home repair projects.
- Quickfact manuals and Photofact® manuals containing reliable, consistent repair data, schematics and other service guidelines. The gold standard in the repair industry for TVs, VCRs, Radios, etc.